2006年8月15日

An interesting application based on Skype

Dean, My mentor and a long time friend of mine, had a Skype call with me this morning. Of course having a skype call is not a news anymore, but the way we made the connection is amasing.

His company is experimenting using a centralised Skype network phone system, VoSKY. You can dial directly from your desktop phone, and the network will direct the call to your Skype contact. The network actually acts as a Skype user (or a number of Skype users when needed), let's say, Agent no 8, which will makes the call for you. On the contrary, when you want to talk to someone in the company, you just use Skype to call Agent no 8 and it will direct the call to your friend's desktop phone. Imagine when your people are onsite abroad and need to call back to Taiwan frequently - THIS SAVES MONEY!!!

Good luck to Dean and his experiment, which I believe will definitely succeed. I will also install one of such system when I manage my company. :)

沒有留言: